Governance of our Hub has been developed in line with our broader values to include a broad representation of Hub members with a good balance across gender, career stage and discipline.
It is organised as illustrated below:
GCRF One Health Poultry Hub governance structure
The leadership team
We have strong project leadership and management teams in each study country, headed by a National Coordinator. These teams are accountable for the national delivery and management of Hub activities and they contribute to overall strategic planning through the governance structure.
This disseminated project management organisation is complemented with a programme management team in the UK that is accountable for delivery of work carried out by UK and non-DAC partners. The UK project management organisation also has responsibility to ensure that activities across and between all partners are well coordinated and comply with all Hub and funder requirements.
The Executive Board is the Hub’s primary decision-making body. It has responsibility for defining and developing strategy that is implemented by operational committees and management teams.
Chaired by Hub Director Professor Fiona Tomley, it comprises Deputy Director Professor Dirk Pfeiffer and nine co-investigators: Dr Barbara Haesler, Professor David Heymann, Professor Patricia Conway, Dr Nitish Debnath, Dr Sitara Swarna Rao Ajjampur, Professor Chaitanya Joshi, Dr Madura Munasinghe, Dr Marisa Peyre, Dr Pham Thi Ngoc and Dr Daan Vink.
An external and international Advisory Board assists the Executive Board and the Hub Director by reviewing the scientific programme and ensuring continued relevance and focus of the Hub programme, as well as Hub strategy and progress. This Board is currently being constituted. Members appointed to date include:
- Dr Christine Middlemiss, Chief Veterinary Officer of the UK (Chair)
- Dr Vikas Aggarwal, South Asia Regional Lead, Fleming Fund Grants Programme, Mott MacDonald.
- Professor Matthew Baylis, Oxenhale Chair of Veterinary Epidemiology, Liverpool University
- Dr Madeleine Clark, UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) Project Officer
- Professor Meerjady Flora, Director of the Institute of Epidemiology, Disease Control and Research in Bangladesh
- Dr Carly Hamilton, Roslin Institute; Manager of the International Veterinary Vaccinology Network
- Professor Helen Lambert, UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) GCRF Challenge Leader
- Dr Daan Vink, RVC, UK (Secretary and non-voting member)
Five committees report to the Executive Board. Committee membership includes representation across countries, disciplines and gender. Participation of early-career researchers is particularly encouraged.
The five committees are: