- Vietnam’s current population of 97.6m is projected to reach 107m by 2030, with half this figure living in towns and cities.
- The country’s poultry population is 512.7m, with a projected annual growth rate of 4% to 2030.
- The average poultry consumption per person was 13kg in 2017. It is estimated to increase to 17kg in 2027.
- Vietnam’s GDP is US$271.2bn, with a projected growth rate of 6.6% for 2021.
- Half of Vietnam’s large poultry farms and 70% of its poultry smallholders had to reduce production during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Poultry in Vietnam
Vietnam’s poultry population grew at an average of 5.6% in the 10 years to 2020. It is projected to reach over 500 million in 2025, with 18 billion eggs produced annually.
The leadership team in Vietnam
Ton Dinh Vu
Animal science and rural development researcherVietnam National University of Agriculture
Dien Thi Nguyen
SociologistVietnam National University of Agriculture
Hoa Thi Thanh Pham
Researcher in veterinary epidemiology, poultry and swine production, and animal health economicsCentre de Coopération Internationale en Recherche Agronomique pour le Developpment (CIRAD)