This event featured panellists Dr Michael Francis, Managing Director of BioVacc Consulting and Board member of the International Veterinary Vaccinology Network (IVVN), and Dr Rebecca Doyle, of the Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences, and researcher at the Animal Welfare Science Centre, the University of Melbourne. Moderator. It was moderated by Professor Robyn Alders of Chatham House, UK, and took place on Wednesday 3 February 2021.
Watch the recording here:
- Multiple important points to consider when contemplating a new vaccine for poultry.
- New vaccine development requires careful preparation, planning and execution.
- Poultry vaccines often rely on innovation for improved safety, efficacy, delivery, convenience, stability and cost.
- Vaccines are essential for good animal welfare: it reduces suffering and losses for individual birds. It’s also important for bird owners and us.
- Animal welfare needs to be considered in all production systems and situations.
- Considering animal welfare is important to the birds, their owners, the community and the environment.